The Eagles limited the Burris Owls to 10 total games in a 5-0 shutout victory on Wednesday evening at the Ball State University Cardinal Creek courts.
It was one of the nicest days of the year to play with calm winds.
The matchup at No. 1 singles was a good one as Gwendolyn Clark squared off against the Owls’ Paige Powers. They had some memorable matches a year ago, and this time it looked like it might be another long match as Powers built a 4-3 first-set lead, but Clark stormed back to win several games in a row. Clark won 6-4, 6-2.
There wasn’t much drama in the rest of the match as the Eagles dominated.
Brylee Beckley won 6-0, 6-0 at No. 3 singles.
Janet Wegener and Maggie Hunt won 6-0, 6-0 at No. 1 doubles
The JV won 8-1
The team travels Thursday night to New Palestine for a match between the conference co-leaders. Start time is 5:45 p.m.
- Gwen Clark won 6-4, 6-2
- Gabby Knight won 6-2, 6-0
- Brylee Beckley won 6-0, 6-0
- Maggie Hunt / Janet Wegener won 6-0, 6-0
- Iva Witter / Madelyn Haley won 6-1, 6-1
- Katie Alexander won 8-0
- Hailey Conner won 8-1
- Eden Richey won 8-0
- Olivia Miller / Emily Hayes won 8-0
- Rylen Jones / Anna Cardemon won 8-0
- Lizzy Thomas / Hannah McDowell won 8-0
- Ava Fallon / Sarah Haney won 8-1
- Mariah Garrett / Sara Longoni won 8-5
- Hannah Swanson / Eden Richey lost 5-8