The Eagles handled a long bus ride and the highest temperatures of the season and came away with a 5-0 varsity victory at Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran on Tuesday night.
Senior Gwen Clark led the way at No. 1 singles with a 6-0, 6-0 victory, which enabled her to be first off the court on an 85-degree day.
Maggie Hunt and Janet Wegener improved to 16-2 this spring with a 6-2, 6-0 win at No. 1 doubles.
Madelyn Haley and Iva Witter added a 6-3, 6-1 victory at No. 2 doubles.
The remaining two varsity matches were tighter as two sophomores battled at No. 2 singles and two freshmen battled at No. 3 singles.
Delta sophomore Gabby Knight won 6-1, 7-5 at No. 2, and Delta freshman Brylee Beckley prevailed 6-2, 7-5 at No. 3.
In JV action, freshman Kelsey Vest picked up a solid 8-5 win at No. 1 singles. Sophomore Caitlyn Kirby hung tough to win 8-7 in singles. Autumn Subler got her first-ever 6-0 victory in singles.
Eden Richey/Rylen Jones, Hannah McDowell/Anna Cardemon and Mariah Garrett/Grace Flowers won doubles matches without losing a game. Sara Longoni and Avery Barnes were winners, also. Carley Kitchens returned from injury to win a doubles match with Emily Woodson.
The 20th-ranked Eagles are 11-4 and will play Greenfield-Central in a conference match tonight (Wednesday).
- Gwen Clark won 6-0, 6-0
- Gabby Knight won 6-1, 7-5
- Brylee Beckley won 6-2, 7-5
- Maggie Hunt/Janet Wegener won 6-2, 6-0
- Madelyn Haley/Iva Witter won 6-3, 6-1
- Kelsey Vest won 8-5
- Katie Alexander won 8-3
- Caitlyn Kirby won 8-7 (1)
- Hailey Conner won 8-1
- Autumn Subler won 6-0
- Eden Richey/Rylen Jones won 8-0
- Olivia Miller/Emily Hayes won 6-2
- Hannah McDowell/Anna Cardemon won 8-0
- Ava Fallon/Sarah Haney won 6-1
- Emily Woodson/Carley Kitchens won 8-6
- Maddy Cooper/Lani Anderson lost 0-6
- Mariah Garrett/Grace Flowers won 8-0
- Ashlynn Sparks/Sam Diaz lost 2-6
- Avery Barnes/Sara Longoni won 6-2
- Mackemzie Lipps/Ava McCully lost 2-6