The boys’ tennis team extended their winning streak to four straight matches with a 3-2 victory over Lapel on Wednesday evening at the Delta courts.
Ben Miller picked up his first career varsity victory by teaming with Kam Swoboda for a 6-0, 6-3 win at No. 2 doubles. Dalton Royal and Preston Shanayda won 6-0, 6-0 at the top doubles spot. Kody Vest added a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 2 singles for the Eagles’ other point.
In the past week, four players — Miller, Swoboda, Will Kile and Brady Williams — all have gained their first career varsity wins. Altogether, 12 different Eagles have won a varsity match this fall.
In JV action, Delta beat Lapel 5-3. Winners in singles were Caleb Hewitt, Colten Cruea and Daniel Tokar. Doubles winners were Will Kile/Kaden Crist and Jacob Williams/Alexander Smith.
Delta (6-3) will play Peru (9-1) at 9 a.m. Saturday in the Kokomo Invitational. The Eagles then play Kokomo at 11:30 a.m. and West Lafayette at 2 p.m. Saturday.. The JV teams also compete in a tourney at Kokomo’s Foster Park at the same times.
- Simon Marlow (D) lost to S. Lewis (L), 1-6, 3-6
- Kody Vest (D) def. H. Bair (L), 6-0, 6-1
- Owen Vest (D) lost to Q. Wilkins (L), 6-7 (0), 4-6
- Dalton Royal/Preston Shanayda (D) def. Pinkerton / McClintock (L), 6-0, 6-0
- Kam Swoboda/Ben Miller (D) def. Gooding/Hood (L), 6-0, 6-3
- Caleb Hewitt won 7-5
- James Root lost 2-6
- Colten Cruea won 6-3
- Daniel Tokar won 6-3
- Wil Kile / Kaden Crist won 6-3
- Jacob Williams ./ Alexander Smith won 6-2
- Maddox Weddle/Caden Moss lost 6-7 (6)
- Grant Durkovich/Charlie Knapp lost 5-6 (6)