In the opening round of the Fort Wayne Carroll Invitational, the 27th-ranked Eagles faced 21st-ranked Mississinewa, which entered with a 9-0 record.
Mississinewa emerged with a 3-2 victory by claiming the three singles positions.
Delta swept the doubles matches. Dalton Royal and Walker Boyle trailed 2-5 in the opening set at No. 1 doubles but rallied for a 7-6 (5), 6-4 victory.
Mason Wrisley and Landon Freiburger won handily at No. 2 doubles.
Adam Altobella fell 3-6, 6-7 (5) in a tight match at No. 1 singles.
Owen Vest and Eli Arnold dropped their No. 2 and No. 3 singles matches to experienced Mississinewa seniors.
- Adam Altobella (D) lost to Riley Fuqua (M), 3-6, 6-7 (5)
- Owen Vest (D) lost to Hayden Rowley (M), 0-6, 0-6
- Eli Arnold (D) lost to John Oliver (M), 1-6, 0-6
- Walker Boyle/Dalton Royal (D) def. Ryan Scott/Ethan Sample (M), 7-6 (4), 6-4
- Mason Wrisley/Landon Freiburger (D) def. Kannen Smith/Garrett Spencer (M), 6-2, 6-1
- Colin McCrady (D) won 6-1 over Mississinewa
- Caleb Hewitt (D) won 3-1 over Mississinewa
- Colin McCrady (D) won 8-2 over FW Carroll
- Riley Bratton / Preston Shanayda (D) won 12-2 over Mississinewa
- Kody Vest / Isaac Anderson (D) won 5-2 over Mississinewa
- Colin McCrady / Caleb Hewitt (D) won 8-3 over Mississinewa