In the semifinal round of the Delta Invitational, the 9th-ranked Eagles dropped a 4-1 decision to 5th-ranked Hamilton Southeastern. Each team entered the match with a 9-0 record.
Both doubles matches were full of twists and turns. In the end, both Delta and HSE gave the other team its first loss of the season at a varsity doubles spot.
At No. 2 doubles, senior Abby Bamidele and sophomore Janet Wegener teamed up for the first time ever and rallied to knock off HSE’s previously unbeaten squad of Etheridge and Slaninka, 1-6, 7-5 (10-8).
At No. 1 doubles, seniors Tynan Dishman and Maggie Manor lost for the first time this year. They fell 2-6, 7-5 (8-10) to Bukasaggaram/Orme.
HSE controlled the singles positions. Although many points and games were competitive, the Royals commanded the set scores from start to finish.
The JV teams played to a 4-4 tie.
- Gwen Clark lost 1-6, 2-6
- Maggie Hunt lost 3-6, 1-6
- Gabby Knight ost 1-6, 0-6
- Tynan Dishman/Maggie Manor lost 2-6, 7-5, (8-10)
- Abby Bamidele/Janet Wegener won 1-6, 7-5, (10-8)
- Gabby Knight won 6-1
- Katie Alexander lost 4-6
- Iva Witter won 6-2
- Sara Cardemon/Mary Groove won 6-3
- Mary Groover/Gracie Williams won 6-2
- Madelyn Haley/Gracie Williams lost 3-6
- Eden Richey/Savanna Hickey lost 2-6
- Katie Alexander/Eden Richey lost 1-6