Delta, ranked 12th, improved to 3-0 with its third straight 5-0 victory over a varsity opponent. The Eagles won on the road Thursday night at Alexandria and dropped only 11 games total.
Senior Emma Snider won 6-0, 6-0 at No. 2 singles and was first off the court. Freshman Maggie Manor got her first varsity match and partnered with senior Kortney Helm at No. 2 doubles for a 6-1, 6-0 victory.
Seniors Lexie Manor and Grace Belangee fell behind 0-3 at No. 1 doubles to the experienced Alexandria duo of Megan Miller and Mary Sayre, but then rallied for a 6-3, 6-3 win.
The Eagles swept singles in the JV match en route to a 9-5 victory over the Tigers. Keirsten Bankson, Abby Bamidele and Liv Bradburn were singles winners. Mayzie Hinkle and Lauren Milligan dominated at No. 1 doubles. Laura Fowler gained her first victory as she teamed with Mary Groover to win 6-0 in the last match of the night.
Next up for Delta is the Crawfordsville Invitational on Saturday. This tournament features two of the top three teams in the state in #2 Cathedral and #3 Providence.
- Ellie Snider won 6-2, 6-0
- Emma Snider won 6-0, 6-0
- Tynan Dishman won 6-0, 6-2
- Lexie Manor/Grace Belangee won 6-3, 6-3
- Kortney Helm/Lauren Milligan won 6-1, 6-0
- Keirsten Bankson won 8-4
- Abby Bamidele won 8-3
- Liv Bradburn won 8-2
- Lauren Milligan / Mayzie Hinkle won 8-0
- Sara Cardemon / Ryley Bilbrey won 8-5
- Lexi Bailey / Mary Groover won 8-0
- Lily Brannon / Corinne Jones won 8-2
- Kenzie Reed / Camille Lykins won 8-6
- Cecilia Parana / jessica Snodgrass lost 0-6
- Carly Ratliff / Madalin Davis lost 2-6
- Jacy Bradley / Grace Foust lost 0-6
- Sofie Rennan / Daga Duszynska lost 3-6
- Bailey Brown-Pugsley / Helena Heintzelman lost 0-6
- Laura Fowler / Mary Groover won 6-0